Typhoid fever is caused by a specific species of Salmonella, which results in severe symptoms. People may develop a red skin rash sometimes with rose pink to red spots. In more severe instances, patients may experience severe confusion accompanied by fever. However, without treatment, symptoms will last months or years.
The first symptoms of typhoid are normally a general feeling of nausea, chills, and fever. Although these may subside over time, you should get checked out immediately if you experience any of these symptoms persistently.
If you have never had typhoid before, the chances of you having been exposed to contaminated water may below. But the chance of you getting sick from eating or drinking water may be great.
Another symptom of typhoid fever is a bright red rash that often turns into a swelling of the legs
This may be present on the torso, thighs, or feet. The severity of the symptoms depends on how long the typhoid infection has been occurring. If the infection has been present for more than a few days, it can lead to severe complications such as anemia and arthritis. Additional symptoms may also be experienced such as
- Stomach cramps
- High fever
To prevent typhoid fever, it is recommended that you shower or bathe regularly and carefully wash your hands after touching water. Always use clean towels and water when bathing. Try to keep your bathroom and kitchen areas very clean.
Food should be cooked at least 10 minutes before cooking to kill bacteria and eliminate odors. Try to use plastic containers instead of glass ones. These are easier to clean and they do not break into sharp objects which could cut your finger.
If you become sick with typhoid fever, it is very important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Only a doctor can accurately assess your condition and tell you if you are suffering from typhoid or not.
You may be diagnosed with cholera or typhoid if you have taken ample precautions to avoid these diseases. However, the symptoms of typhoid are much similar to those of a simple cold and therefore many people often mistake them for the flu. It is vital to get medical treatment if you develop any of the symptoms of typhoid fever.
There are a few symptoms of typhoid fever that you will experience if you are infected
However, since there is no pain caused by this disease, the symptoms are hard to distinguish.
- The first symptom is the appearance of small yellowish spots on your skin. These are not hemorrhoids and the symptoms can last up to two weeks. They tend to occur during the night and when you wake up in the morning the spots will dry and fall off.
- The second symptom is that the area around the anus will become inflamed and raw. You will probably also start to get some cramps and be unable to control the flow of urine. This is because the walls of the rectum are very sensitive to touch. In addition, you might begin to bleed if you try to pass stool. If this blood is visible then you have definitely caught typhoid fever.
- The last symptom is extremely swollen lymph nodes and joints. This is generally accompanied by high temperatures. Other people may not get these swollen areas but they are still likely to get a very fever and develop the symptoms of typhoid fever.
So, if you develop the above-mentioned symptoms of typhoid you should get yourself checked out as soon as possible. Don’t let the condition get any worse!
1,055 total views, 17 views today
- Ways Exercise Helps to Fight Against Ageing - September 2, 2021
- Cost-Effective Solution to Prescribing Lifestyle Medicine - August 27, 2021
- The Most Beautiful Flowers on the Planet!!! - August 18, 2021