Mental Health and Physical Health Connection
Mental health, as defined by the World Health Organization, is a state of overall well-being where the person has realized his or her potential, can manage the everyday stresses of life, can work productively and well, and can make a meaningful contribution to society.
It is not just an empty statement. This quality is manifested in a person’s attitude towards himself or herself and others, their feelings, attitudes, thoughts, values, relationships, choices, needs, goals, etc. It is the total of all these things that make up a person’s mental health.
The condition of mental health varies from one person to another
Some people with depression and other mental illnesses may be able to get rid of these problems by focusing on the positive aspects of their lives and trying to see the good side of everything around them.
Some people may have problems related to their relationships, and these may include being physically abusive or depressed. However, if you know someone with a mental illness, you may want to take note of these things.
By doing this, you can help the person to recognize the negative aspects of his/her life and get help from professional resources such as psychologists. However, for some people, it does not take much to become depressed.
Some of these are what people have problems with
- Lack of confidence
- Lack of self-esteem
- Feeling of isolation
- Problems with intimacy and trust
- Having problems making decisions and managing time
- Problems with weight and body image
- Problems with relationships
- Lack of social interaction
- Having a difficult time concentrating
- Having problems with creativity
- Having problems with memory
- Having a fear of losing control
- Having a fear of death
- Being unable to sleep or feeling like a zombie
- Not wanting to eat
- Feeling depressed and hopeless
- Feeling like you cannot make any progress
- Having problems with eating and sleeping
- Being unable to focus
- Having bad dreams
- Not wanting to engage in any physical activity, etc.
Other people may have low self-esteem and may feel like they are not good enough like no one cares about them. or that they do not matter. they are no good enough to make a difference in this world. Some may also feel like they are worthless and unable to do anything. or they do not care about their life because of some traumatic events in their lives, experiences in their past.
- Bipolar disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorders
- Substance abuse, etc.
May also be at risk of developing disorders such as
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Panic attacks
- Substance abuse
These disorders can also affect the quality of a person’s relationships. Therefore, if a person who is depressed, anxious or obsessed about something is not getting help, it may lead to serious problems in his or her life and can cause damage to other areas of his life.
Physical health is a combination of the mental and physical aspects of the body
Thus, when one has mental health, one must have good and balanced physical health as well. Thus, when one has high mental health, the other cannot do well in the body, since both the health is not working well. This may result in various ailments. Physical health is important for one to enjoy and feel good and functional in all aspects of the body.
When the mind is healthy, it allows us to focus and concentrate better on our work and life, to focus and concentrate better on what we have to do in life and we have a sense of pride and fulfilment because of having good physical health.
If we don’t have a good mind, we feel weak and we become very dependent on others for us to perform properly. thus, good mental health also allows us to do better and we can be successful in life.
915 total views, 1 views today
- What to Expect From a Glaucoma Test? - August 3, 2021
- Connection Between Chronic Illness and Mental Health - August 3, 2021
- The 50 Highest Paid Healthcare Careers in the USA - July 24, 2021