Age related macular degeneration, better known as AMD, is a progressive degenerative disease that mainly attacks the central part of vision and results in blindness. AMD attacks the retinal macula, a crucial part of our manual which enables us to see things straight ahead.
If the retina is damaged, there are high chances that we would lose our ability to recognize faces and learn new things, and eventually, our sight would slowly disappear. AMD is hereditary and there is no way we can avoid it from occurring. However, there are ways to prevent AMD and keep the vision impaired for as long as possible.
There are two forms of AMD, namely, subclinical and clinical
- Subclinical AMD, the less severe version of the disease, can be brought about by genetic or environmental factors
- Clinical AMD on the other hand is caused by the excessive consumption of highly varying nutrients like lutein, lycopene and beta-carotene
The earlier the symptoms of this disease are detected, the more effective treatments are likely to be. If you have any difficulty seeing at night due to AMD, make sure that you visit an eye care professional at the earliest. AMD can cause permanent damage to the retina if left untreated.
Therefore, it is advisable to seek immediate treatment when you experience any type of vision loss. While there are no specific medical treatments available for AMD, there are plenty of ways to prevent it from progressing and seeing you in the middle of nowhere.
There are various possible reasons behind the formation of AMD
- The primary and the most common reason are ageing
- The other main factors responsible for AMD are hereditary and environmental aspects
- However, there are many other less known factors responsible for AMD.
Let’s take a look at these main factors responsible for AMD
When we talk about ageing, we mean the slowing down of the body functions like reproduction, cell regeneration, immune system, etc. As a person ages, the rate of production of new cells starts decreasing. Another factor that decreases is the rate of conversion of proteins into amino acids. These two factors reduce the supply of amino acids and consequently the protein level within the blood starts declining.
Another thing which starts contributing to the decline in the supply of nutrients within the blood is inflammation. Inflammation is mainly caused by different viruses. Sometimes, it can also be due to certain health conditions. The increased rate of macrophages in your body can sometimes lead to growths, clots, fluids or infections within the blood.
In order to fight infection, macrophages release chemicals called cytokines
These chemicals allow them to go to the site of inflammation. They then pump out substances like oxygen and nitric oxide. Nitric oxide helps in clearing away bacteria or other foreign bodies in the macrophages’ blood. This process also allows the macrophages to remain active and remain protected from infection.
Besides these known factors, there are also many unknown factors responsible for AMD. One of these factors is the lowering of enzyme levels within the body. These enzymes are important for the production of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is vital for the macrophages so as they can move around. Other known factors include free radicals, toxins and stress.
It has also been found that the ageing process can weaken the immune system of a person. In this case, there will be an increase in the number of bacteria and fungi in the macrophages. This will result in an increase in the number of toxins. When this happens, the macrophages will produce more nitric oxide without enough protection.
If this continues, there will be a need for antifungals like Affine Flox tablets. If you want to get rid of this disease, you should find out what are the main factors causing it You should also look at the prevention methods. This way, you will be able to find a cure and prevent it from coming back again.
There are now a lot of products on the market that can help people with AMD
- One thing you can do is to change your diet. Make sure you eat a balanced diet that includes enough fruits, vegetables, protein, dairy products, and fats. If you are not eating well, you might just have to consider taking supplements. But if you want to avoid this disease and stay healthy, you should start eating right. And above all, take care of your body.
- Another one of the main factors that cause AMD is estrogen. This can affect the macrophages, which in turn causes them to make too much nitric oxide, which is what causes pain in the eyes. To deal with this, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should reduce their exposure to estrogen. But there are also anti-estrogen drugs that you can take.
To find out the main factors that cause AMD, you should do some research
If you go online, you will be able to find many different websites. These will give you the latest information available. Most of them will provide you with the link to a free website where you can get more information. The good news is that there are anti-oxidants available, which can help combat this condition.
In addition to anti-oxidants, you should also take care of your diet. If you are not eating well, you should start. This will improve your overall health, including your eyesight. You should cut down on the amount of red meat and processed food, and eat lots of fruits, vegetables, fish and nuts.
Taking regular daily exercise will also help you keep the Main Factors responsible for AMD at bay. Your eye health is very important. You should take regular eye exams, if you wear contact lenses. If you are concerned about any part of your body, you should contact your eye doctor.
695 total views, 5 views today
- Ways Exercise Helps to Fight Against Ageing - September 2, 2021
- Instant Home Remedies for Headache and Migraine - August 30, 2021
- Warm Water Therapy Benefits for Chronic Illness Treatment - August 29, 2021