In the process of ovulation, a follicle ruptures and releases a mature egg in the ovary which moves down to the fallopian tubes. Breakage or rupturing of follicle causes one-sided pain in the lower stomach of the woman which is termed as “Ovulation Pain”.
Also termed as Mittelschmerz in the medical field, the Ovulation Pain can be felt on either side of the abdomen depending on the side of the ovary releasing a mature egg during the particular cycle. Mittelschmerz is the best sign for recognizing fertility i.e. it is the most appropriate time for the female to get pregnant.
It happens two weeks before the start of your next menstrual period. Meanwhile, the time of ovulation can vary depending on the duration of the menstrual cycle.
Symptoms of Mittelschmerz
Mittelschmerz is the mid-cycle pain that can occur in the female up to 45 years of age (most likely in the woman lies in her twenties).
- Pain sensation in the lower abdominal part due to swelling or rupturing of follicle
- Mid-cycle pain start suddenly
- Occur once a month during ovulation and lasts for a few minutes to few hours (usually 48 hours)
- Feeling of mild pains, uncomfortable pressure, or cramps. Some women can feel more intense or severe pain during this time.
- Possibility of vaginal bleeding in some cases
Other Possible Symptoms of Ovulation
It might be possible that a woman does not experience pain or any kind of discomfort during the ovulation period. In such cases, she can recognize the sign of ovulation by considering some facts such as:
- Increased cervical mucus
- Spotting/ Mild Bleeding
- Breast tenderness
- Level of libido increases
- Increase in the basal body temperature, and more.
Cause of Ovulation Pain
- An expanded follicle containing a mature egg stretches the ovary membrane. When the egg gets matured, it ruptures the follicle and is released in the ovary and further travels down to the fallopian tubes. This may cause a sensation of pain and slight bleeding (in some cases).
- During ovulation, the follicular fluid along with some blood and an egg is released from the ovary which may irritate the surrounding tissues of the abdominal cavity resulting in pain or cramps.
- Sometimes, a woman can experience pain just like Mittelschmerz during the cycle. It can be due to sexually transmitted infections or STI, Uterine fibroids, Ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, Endometriosis, or other varied reasons.
So, if you are planning a baby, ovulation pain gives you a sign that is the best time to conceive.
Follow some daily care routines to take complete advantage of your fertile period:
The ovulation period is the best time for the woman to conceive, but only regular sex at this time is not enough. She should follow some strict daily routines for a successful pregnancy. A few of them are mentioned below:
- Monitor ovulation time
- Take a prenatal vitamin
- Do regular sex during this period
- Be relax and keep yourself away from anxiety and depression
- Don’t use contraceptives
- Take a healthy diet and increase the intake of water
- Stay away from strenuous workouts
- Avoid alcohol
- Take enough sleep, etc.
If you follow all the above-mentioned routines, the possibility of conception would be increased to a great extent.
Consult a doctor (if required)
Ovulation pain is common, but if you experience other symptoms during ovulation, you need to consult a doctor.
- Longer and painful cycle than usual
- Fever, feeling of pain while urination
- Vomiting or fever
- Redness of the skin at the place of the pain, etc.
You can contact Baby Science IVF Clinic if you experience any such kind of problem as we have a highly experienced team of doctors to provide you with the necessary treatment.
1,015 total views, 9 views today
- Ways Exercise Helps to Fight Against Ageing - September 2, 2021
- Instant Home Remedies for Headache and Migraine - August 30, 2021
- Warm Water Therapy Benefits for Chronic Illness Treatment - August 29, 2021