When you decide to lose weight, it is very important that you select a weight loss diet plan that will fit your needs. Some diets target your appetite to lessen your food consumption, while some recommend restricting your consumption of fat and either calories or carbohydrates.
What s more, most provide other health benefits beyond weight loss. The intermittent fasting for weight loss has recently become a health trend. It has claimed to cause
- Weight loss
- Improve metabolic health
- Perhaps even extend the lifespan
The science behind intermittent fasting is preliminary and uncertain due to an absence of studies on its long term effects.Preliminary evidence has indicated that intermittent fasting may be effective for
- Weight loss
- May decrease insulin resistance and fasting insulin
- May also improve cardiovascular and metabolic health
Although the long term sustainability of these effects has not been studied.
Here are the top diet plans to aid you to lose weight and improve your health
The DASH diet
This is also known as Dietary Approaches for Stopping Hypertension, which recommends eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats.
The DASH diet is a lifelong approach to healthy eating that’s designed to help treat or prevent high blood pressure (hypertension). The diet plan was developed to lower blood pressure without medication in research sponsored by the National Institutes of Health.
This type of intermittent fasting weight loss diet plan also emphasizes eating dairy products, poultry, and fish as well as limiting your consumption of junk foods, salt, and sugar. The DASH diet has been shown to have a significant effect on lowering high blood pressure and reducing the risk of stroke. Learn more
The Mediterranean diet
The Mediterranean diet is an all-natural weight loss diet that adhering to the dietary recommendations of the Mediterranean. As this diet involves plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains, you can lose weight while still enjoying your favorite dishes.
This diet is also considered one of the most healthy in terms of fat, sodium, and sugar intake. The diet typically allows red wine in moderation. Though alcohol has been associated with a reduced risk of heart disease in some studies, it’s by no means risk-free. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans caution against beginning to drink or drinking more often on the basis of potential health benefits.
How you can start eating the Mediterranean way
If you are interested in trying the Mediterranean diet, the tips listed below will help you to get started:
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Aim for 7 to 10 servings a day of fruit and vegetables.
- Eat more seafood. Eat fish twice a week. Fresh or water-packed tuna, salmon, trout, mackerel, and herring are healthy choices. Grilled fish tastes good and requires little cleanup. Avoid deep-fried fish.
- Use healthy fats. Try olive oil as a replacement for butter when cooking. Instead of putting butter or margarine on bread, try dipping it in flavored olive oil.
- Reduce red meat. Substitute fish, poultry, or beans for meat. If you eat meat, make sure it’s lean and keep portions small.
- Opt for whole grains. Switch to whole-grain bread, cereal and pasta. Experiment with other whole grains, such as bulgur and farro.
- Enjoy some dairy. Eat low-fat Greek or plain yogurt and small amounts of a variety of cheeses.
- Spice it up. Herbs and spices boost flavor and lessen the need for salt.
The Mediterranean diet is a delicious and healthy way to eat. Many people who switch to this style of eating say they’ll never eat any other way.
The Zone Diet
This is an intermittent fasting diet plan based on the theory of natural selection. According to this diet, you can live a healthier, longer life when you avoid bad habits such as snacking and overeating.
Most people start with the hand-eye method and progress to using Zone food blocks later since it is more advanced. You can switch between both methods whenever you feel like since they each have their own benefits.
The Zone Diet claims to reduce the inflammation in your body. For this diet plan, you are not allowed to eat all the same types of foods that you like. The Zone Food Block method can also help fat loss because it controls how many calories you eat per day. It is well known that controlling your calorie intake helps with weight loss
Instead, you are only allowed certain types of foods to keep your calorie intake within the daily recommended amount. For instance, you may eat lean meats or fish but you are not allowed to eat all the dairy products that you love.
As part of the Mediterranean diet, eating plenty of vegetables is recommended
However, research has shown that this diet may aid weight loss if you avoid processed foods. Processed foods include canned goods, tinned goods, and other pre-packaged foods that contain different additives and food preservatives.
Diets that focus on whole grains have long been practiced by many people. A diet low in fats, sugar and preservatives can also have a favorable impact on weight loss, especially when coupled with physical activity.
These are just a few of the health benefits of a healthy lifestyle. Aside from the health benefits, there are a number of downsides to consuming these kinds of diets.
The paleo diet may reduce overall cholesterol levels as well as reduce the risk of heart disease and certain cancers. However, some studies have revealed that these same benefits are only possible if an individual follows the diet for a long enough period of time.
In fact, most individuals who follow the paleo diet for a couple of years eventually stopped because they were unable to keep up with the diet’s recommendations. For example, they need to make sure they get lots of fiber and vegetables.
The foods you need to avoid if you want to be on the Paleo Diet
- Artificial sweeteners: Aspartame, sucralose, cyclamates, saccharin, acesulfame potassium. Use natural sweeteners instead.
- Grains: Includes bread and kinds of pasta, wheat, spelt, rye, barley, etc.
- Sugar and high-fructose corn syrup: Soft drinks, fruit juices, table sugar, candy, pastries, ice cream, and many others.
- Trans fats: Found in margarine and various processed foods. Usually referred to as “hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils.
- Dairy: Avoid most dairy, especially low-fat (some versions of paleo do include full-fat dairies like butter and cheese).
- Some vegetable oils: Soybean oil, sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, corn oil, grapeseed oil, safflower oil, and others.
- Highly processed foods: Everything labeled “diet” or “low-fat” or that has many additives. Includes artificial meal replacements.
- Legumes: Beans, lentils, and many more.
Best foods you can eat while on the Paleo Diet
- Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, turnips, etc.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and more.
- Healthy fats and oils: Extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, and others.
- Salt and spices: Sea salt, garlic, turmeric, rosemary, etc.
- Eggs: Choose free-range, pastured, or omega-3 enriched eggs.
- Meat: Beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, pork, and others.
- Fish and seafood: Salmon, trout, haddock, shrimp, shellfish, etc. Choose wild-caught if you can.
- Fruits: Apples, bananas, oranges, pears, avocados, strawberries, blueberries, and more.
- Vegetables: Broccoli, kale, peppers, onions, carrots, tomatoes, etc. Learn more
There are various reasons why dieters may not be able to stick with their plans
It could be their busy lifestyles or they may have been under a lot of stress before. Whatever the reason is, there are still advantages and disadvantages of low-carb diets.
Before you start any kind of diet, it is important to consult a nutritionist so you will know which one is right for you. Although some people consider the paleo diet to be a healthier choice, it should not be treated as the same.
Remember that this type of diet is not only about extreme weight loss. It also involves eating nutritious foods in order to improve our health. Most doctors recommend that individuals who are on intermittent fasting or low-carb diets must first consult their physicians before engaging in them.
It is best to stick to a specified portion size of foods. As a rule, the intermittent fasting diet requires one to take in one gram of protein for every pound of bodyweight.
It is important to remember that protein should come from high-protein foods such as meat, fish, poultry, and eggs. Other animal products such as eggs, milk, and meat can also be consumed.
Nevertheless, most experts advise restricting the total daily intake of animal products because animal products contain a large number of calories and fat.
The good news is that vegetables and fruits constitute a major component of this type of diet. Vegetables and fruits contain a reasonable amount of nutrients without a lot of calories, making them an ideal diet for weight loss.
1,045 total views, 1 views today
- Ways Exercise Helps to Fight Against Ageing - September 2, 2021
- Instant Home Remedies for Headache and Migraine - August 30, 2021
- Warm Water Therapy Benefits for Chronic Illness Treatment - August 29, 2021