Do’s and Don’ts before and after Lip Filler Treatment
Lip Filler Treatment is one of the many liposuction procedures used for improving the size of your lips. Lip augmentation involves the use of silicone gel injected into a pocket that is formed below your dermal layer. This gel will then expand and harden, once it reaches its destination and will fill up any spaces between your lips and create a more defined look.
This procedure is used most commonly to enlarge the size of lips of celebrities and models. Lip filling is also used in conjunction with other cosmetic surgery techniques to improve the overall look of the lips. A cosmetic surgeon may suggest using lip filling for those who don’t have perfect skin around their mouth area.
It might be quite intimidating to get Juvéderm®, Restylane®, or other dermal fillers during the first time. Educating patients is extremely important to take the best decision for the needs of individuals. Though it is non-surgical and painless procedure, receiving BOTOX® or fillers can be intimidating for someone who has not done it earlier. Go through this post to know what you should expect before and after receiving filler treatment.
Lip filling can help patients with sagging skin under their chins
This can be a difficult issue to overcome for most people because they tend to keep their lips hidden from view. Under this scenario, lip filling can help patients achieve the desired look without having to expose their lips to the public. In some cases, patients will be asked to wear a surgical cap or bandage on their lips while undergoing the lip filler treatment.
Some patients will even be required to wear an adhesive on lip filler after the surgery is completed. This is due to the fact that the surgical incision and the adhesive used are very sensitive. It is important to be sure that the cosmetic surgeon that you choose has experience performing this type of liposuction surgery.
What you can do before lip fillers and injections
If you want to lessen swelling and bruising at the injection site, the doctor will suggest the following recommendations for preparing lip fillers:
One week before lip injections
- Prevent blood thinning over-the-counter medications like ibuprofen, aspirin, Aleve and Motrin.
- Do not take supplements such as primrose oil, Vitamin E, Gingko biloba, garlic and ginseng.
2 days before taking injections
- Do not include topical products such as Retinol, Glycolic Acid, Retinoids, Tretinoin (Retin-A) or anti-ageing products.
- Avoid bleaching, tweezing, waxing or applying hair removal cream on the area that needs to be treated.
- Take Arnica two days before starting with the procedure to reduce bruising
24 hours before the injections
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages before 24 hours
- If you have recently suffered from facial cold sores, then there are chances that the needle punctures might cause another eruption of cold sores.
- Avoid using dermal fillers when you are breastfeeding or pregnant, allergic to any ingredients or suffer from neurological disorders.
What happens on the treatment day
You have to reach the office with properly washed and without wearing any makeup face.
If you want to enhance the comfort during the procedure, then a topical anesthetic might be applied. There are some cases when local numbing medication needs to be injected either into or around the area that should be treated.
What you should do after lips treatment is done during the first hour
- Apply an ice pack and Arnica to lessen the bruising.
- Take acetaminophen to decrease the pain and discomfort.
- Avoid massaging, itching or picking around the injection site. This is obvious and will disappear within a few hours to a few days. If these symptoms last for more than 3 days, then you should consult with the doctor.
How to lessen the swelling after lip injections
6 to 10 hours after the treatment
- After the redness and swelling have resolved, try to prevent extreme heat in the treated areas. This will include – tanning, sunbathing, hot wax, saunas or hot tubs.
- If you want to reduce the swelling, it is suggested to take antihistamine during the day\ such as Claritin or Zyrtec and Benadryl at night.
- If you find a visible bump, massage the area properly. Depending on the areas that should be treated and the product used, you might feel “firmness.” But these areas will soften and settle within 1 to 2 weeks.
- Makeup and sunscreen be applied and you can use a gentle cleanser on the area.
How to lessen bruising after fillers
- Do not drink alcohol or perform the strenuous exercise as this might cause additional bruising.
- If you want to lessen bruising, it is suggested to take Arnica or Bromelain, apply ice on the area and eat fresh pineapple.
Important notes for your lip filler aftercare
You need to contact us in case you
- Have chills or fever
- Have blanching of injected areas
- Have discoloured blotches in the areas that have not been injected
- Have severe pain
- Find the area appears red and become hot due to touch
Thus, if you want to get more information on injectables and other cosmetic services, then get in touch with the cosmetic surgeon to perform lip fillers in London in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
Patients should be aware of the fact that their recovery is not as simple as some patients think. This is because patients may need to be on an IV for a few days and may even have to wear a compression garment for a couple of weeks after the treatment. This is especially true if the lip filler was used during the night or while working in a stressful environment, like in a factory.
This is to ensure that the patient does not suffer excessive pain during the healing process. It is best to discuss your expectations with your cosmetic surgeon before you make an appointment for this type of treatment. This way, you will know what to expect and what to do to ensure that your recovery is as smooth as possible.
2,815 total views, 5 views today
- Ways Exercise Helps to Fight Against Ageing - September 2, 2021
- Cost-Effective Solution to Prescribing Lifestyle Medicine - August 27, 2021
- The Most Beautiful Flowers on the Planet!!! - August 18, 2021